We invite researchers, scholars and practitioners working in the EI field to present their work and discuss the theoretical and applied implications. Participants may submit two kinds of proposals: Paper presentations (oral communications) and poster sessions.
Paper presentations will occur during break out sessions and will be in groups of 5 – 6 presenters. Each presenter will have approximately 15-20 minutes for the presentation and brief discussion. LCD projectors will be available.
Poster sessions will be displayed in the main conference lobby for designated periods of time. There will be time for viewing and discussions with the authors. The space for the poster will be approximately 100 x 100 cm.
Proposals and presentations may be submitted in English or Spanish.
The same author may present a maximum of three proposals. For papers with multiple authors, at least one author must be registered for the conference and present.
Submission of proposals requires registration in full. Proposals will be sent for blind peer review only after registration process is complete.
The deadline for submitting proposals has been extended to July 15th, 2013.
Paper presentations and poster sessions will be grouped into the following topic categories.
- Theoretical aspects of EI
- EI and related emotion theory
- Assessment, measurement, and evaluation of EI
- Business, work place & organizational settings
- Education & social-emotional learning
- Neuroscience & cognition
- Medical applications
- Health, well-being, and optimal development
- Therapeutic applications
- Social and cultural issues
- Consultation and coaching process
- Applications to creative arts
The scientific committee members will evaluate proposals based on strength of empirical research basis and /or the merit of applied relevance to the field.
Proposals must include the following information
- Type of presentation: oral /paper presentation or poster session
- Topic category (see above)
- Name and e-mail contact information of first author
- Name and affiliation of all the authors
- Presentation title
- Proposal summary (maximum 300 words).
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received. Applicants will be notified by e-mail about the acceptance or denial of the proposal by July 30, 2013.
Approved presentations may be invited to be published in a conference proceedings book after the congress.
E-MAIL PROPOSALS as a Word Document to: email@example.com